You need to know – Different Level of Film Percentage
The lower % the darker the film.
Film percentages stand for light transmission or the amount of light that can penetrate the film. The lower the percentage, the darker the film.
You need to know – Car Window Tint Meets JPJ Regulation
You do not want after installing car window tint, you are stop during police road block, because it is too dark.
Knowing whether your car window tinting is meeting JPJ regulation is utmost important.
The standard car window tinting meeting JPJ regulation is taking into account Visible Light Transmission Level (VLT). VLT is the amount of visible light that penetrate through tinted film. The darker the tinted film, the lower the VLT.
- 70% front windscreen
- 50% front side window
- 30% rear side window and rear screen.
A non-tinted window does not block sunlight through the window and has no protection from UV rays.
A normal tinted window might be complying with JPJ regulation, but less protection from UV can cause eye irritation.
Other illegal tinted window has strong shield towards sunlight and UV but has very low VLT that is not complying to JPJ regulation.
Hamel Window Film meets JPJ regulation, protect you from sunlight and UV and maintain clear vision from inside.
You need to know – Smart Tag Friendly
This is very important to know, as you do not want this to happen, the darkness of the car window tint is not smart tag friendly.
It will cost a bomb, if after your car window tint, you get to know you can’t use smart tag.
You need to know – Warranty Coverage
What if your window tint is broken within warranty period any after sales?
After sales is important, how is the warranty coverage for your car tint film?
At Hamel Film all car window tinting comes with a 7 years warranty and e-warranty. We even provide a 1-to-1 exchange during your warranty period.
You need to know – Different Types of Car Tint Window Film
- Glue coating film. It is a coating of dark dye on the clear film material. It can only block the visual light, the durability of the film decreases slowly and discoloration occurs.
- Dyed film. It is a way of applying dye to film itself. It resolves the durability and discoloration of the film, and has a slight performance in preventing thermal IR only.
- Thermal IR film, also known as heat-absorb film. It absorbs solar energy and at the same time, it affects the window. You will feel the heat rejection effect at first, as time goes by, solar heat is re-released from the hot window to the interior of your vehicle, causing the interior warmer and hotter.
- Nano ceramic sputter film and multi-layer sputter film (high heat rejection film). This film helps to improve the reflection of external heat emittance, displaying an excellent insulation effect. At the same time, sputter film decreases the re-release amount of heat and due to the multi-coating of rare metals, Hamel sputter films increases the actual reflectance and decreases visual reflection. Visibility remains excellent and it looks luxurious from the exterior.
You need to know – Car Window Tint Price (RM)
At Hamel Film, a car window tint price starts from RM399 up to RM3599. Depending on the vehicles, there will an additional charge for SUV-RM100, MPV-RM150, larger models. Contact Hamel Film to find out more.
You need to know – Basic Car Window Maintenance
After installation, it is advisable to keep your windows closed for a minimum of 48 hours. There might be watermarks present, which will disappear in a couple of days.
Now you know what question to ask, do your research, and head over to Hamel Car Tint Shop to know more.